About this blog

I decided to write this blog because I have been trying to find information about strokes and how it affects the family rather than just the person who had the stroke. Most of the stuff I found was just support groups and how family can help the patient. I didn't find many personal stories of how it affected the family as a whole, and didn't find any blogs about the carers. Usually, the focus is on the person who has had the stroke, but those who are directly involved in their care, are misrepresented. And so - Who cares for the carers? was launched. I have crammed the first month into a few posts since we are only a month into his recovery, but once I am up to date, I will update any time there is anything to tell. I would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation, or even if reading this blog has hit a chord or helped anyone, then my job will be done. It is also therapy for me to be able to write what's on my mind. The road to recovery is a long one, both for the sufferer and their families.

Monday 29 June 2009

and more waiting....

Well the nurse has just left, she was somewhat helpful, but we still have lots of waiting to do. Waiting to get an appointment with the consultant physician, waiting to see the rehabilitation services on 13th july, waiting for her to send a referral to the carers service who will be able to help ME cope with everything that's happened.

Aparantly the woman who will come out to see me is up on all the benefits I might be able to recieve, and also things I might be able to claim for the children too. There's also the possibility we could claim incapacity benefits until we get some definite answers, but we'll need to see citizens advice to find out exactly what we could get NOW, instead of waiting to what we COULD get later on.

He also see's his GP tonight (5.30pm) so we'll see if she can shed any light on anything, although I susect she'll just say "still sick? Ok here's a sick note" which is what she did last time.

We did, however learn a little bit more about what happened and why. Aparantly the stroke was caused by a small clot, which nobody ever told me about, they may have told him, but he has trouble remembering things, which was why I asked that I get told everything so I can remember for the both of us.

So... Tomorrow, call CAB and see when we can get in and see what we're entitled to, then go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment