About this blog

I decided to write this blog because I have been trying to find information about strokes and how it affects the family rather than just the person who had the stroke. Most of the stuff I found was just support groups and how family can help the patient. I didn't find many personal stories of how it affected the family as a whole, and didn't find any blogs about the carers. Usually, the focus is on the person who has had the stroke, but those who are directly involved in their care, are misrepresented. And so - Who cares for the carers? was launched. I have crammed the first month into a few posts since we are only a month into his recovery, but once I am up to date, I will update any time there is anything to tell. I would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation, or even if reading this blog has hit a chord or helped anyone, then my job will be done. It is also therapy for me to be able to write what's on my mind. The road to recovery is a long one, both for the sufferer and their families.

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Something good

We have decided to get married. We were engaged, but had planned a big lavish wedding in a few years time, all out fantasy, the castle, the big reception, the penthouse suite, piper piping us into the castle etc..... Well Bye bye fantasy. For now. We needed something to look forward to, something to take our minds off all the happenings of late. All the crap, illness, stress. It will be a small do, just a register office wedding, and a small reception back at the house, with a local restaurant delivering the food. I also want to show him that despite everything I'm not going anywhere. I know it's crossed his mind before to push us away so that eventually we'll leave, and he needs to know that that isn't going to happen. Of course that's not the only reason. We were going to marry anyway, but after everything that's happened, I've realised that some things are more important than the big fancy wedding I dreamed of. I don't NEED the pretty location and the chocolates on the pillows. I need HIM, and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment